Deadline extended to 9th September.
Strasbourg, European Youth Center
28 September – 2 October September 2019 (incl travel days)
Are you a social media activist fighting racism, islamophobia and hate speech online? Do you want to learn more about how to use social media effectively to change the narrative, and exchange your experiences with fellow activists? Then join the training ‘Social Media for Social Change’ and learn more about creating powerful narratives, using social media for mobilizing people and more.
– To discuss personal experiences, mechanisms and impact of islamophobic and racist hate speech in social media
– To reflect on how to build effective counter narratives to combat hate speech
– To equip participants with competencies to use social media tools to combat islamophobic hate speech online
– To support participants in developing their own social media campaigns to counter hate speech
Profile of participants:
– 15 young people (aged 18-30)
– Geographical balance
– Gender balance
– All faiths
– Good communication skills in English
– Background in NGOs and social movements (working on combatting racism, discrimination and hate speech, fostering inclusion of migrants, ethnic and religious groups)
– Active users of social media
– Motivation to implement a social media campaign against hate speech
– Able to take part in the full duration of the training
The training will take place in the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg, where accommodation and full board will be provided.
Travel costs will be reimbursed by the organizing committee.
If you are interested to apply, please fill in the attached application form and send it to email by 09 September 2019. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us @ email@example.com !
28. September: Welcome evening, first getting to know each other